Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Savior Who Sees

"And she [Hagar] called the name of the Lord that spake unto her, Thou God seest me: for she said, Have I also here looked after Him that seeth me?" (Genesis 16:13). "The idols of the heathen.... have mouths, but they speak not; eyes have they, but they see not" (Psalm 135:15,16).

Lord, I have looked, and to my delight,
I have discovered that You look at me!
You are the One Who gave me my sight,
And all that is in me You certainly see.

The idols imagined from man's feeble mind
Are crafted with mouths, but they cannot speak.
They're fashioned with eyes, and yet they are blind,
Like those who make them, so mindless and weak!

Lord, You have opened my once-blinded eyes:
How great is the evidence You clearly gave!
My once-muted mouth as well testifies:
God is still looking for those He may save!

No comments: