Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Wanting Wisdom

"How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity, and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you" (Proverbs 1:22,23).

The simple love simplicity,
While scorners love their scorning;
The foolish hate reality
And will not heed God's warning.

Yet some will look with open eyes
And hear with open ears
To heed the truth that makes them wise
And quiets all their fears.

Turn now at the Lord's reproof;
He's pouring out His Spirit!
Depart from those who stand aloof,
And turn with those who hear it.

For God will make His wisdom known
To those who are sincere.
Come now, and approach His throne:
He calls you to draw near!

No comments: