Friday, October 31, 2008

Met by Mercy

"Justice and judgment are the habitation of Thy throne: mercy and truth shall go before Thy face" (Psalm 89:14).

Justice cannot compromise
Nor from God's standard deviate.
Judgment falls, the guilty dies:
Prepare to meet your hopeless fate!

This was all that I could see.
I couldn't see God's truth and grace,
Until His mercy rescued me,
With truth that went before His face.

Mercy went before His face
With truth that couldn't be denied.
Justice then would rest its case,
And judgment would be satisfied.

Justice thus demanded death.
Judgment lifted up its rod.
Jesus gave His final breath
To satisfy the law of God.

It is finished! Thus He cried
When He took the sinner's place.
This is why the Savior died;
This is how we're saved by grace.

Met by mercy: what relief!
There is for me no condemnation!
His truth has vanquished unbelief,
And I am safe in His salvation!

No comments: