Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Appropriating our Approach

"Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, Thou shalt purge them away. Blessed is the man whom Thou choosest, and causest to approach unto Thee" (Psalm 65:3,4).

Woe is me! For sins prevail
That mock me everyday.
Alas! For I am doomed to fail,
So quickly led astray.

It doesn't matter how sincere
Or earnest my confessions.
The Judge of all is drawing near
Who sees all my transgressions.

What is this I hear Him say?
Can I believe my ears?
That Christ has washed my sins away,
And vanquished all my fears?

Come and see what God has done,
Who bids us to approach:
He purged our sins through God the Son
Who bore our sins' reproach!

Praise the Lord! Behold, the Lamb
For me was sacrificed!
I come, in spite of what I am
To worship Jesus Christ!

No comments: