Friday, October 03, 2008

Rise to the Rock

"Hear my cry, O God; attend my prayer. From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy (Psalm 63:1-3).

Lord, lead me to the higher Rock.
Attend my prayer; Lord, hear my cry.
Let me rise up in my walk
To Christ, the higher Rock than I.

Wherever I may be on earth,
Lord, let me rise up to that place,
To see the wonder and the worth
Of Your mercy, truth, and grace.

Sometimes life can take its toll,
When my eyes are down and dim.
But Christ, the Lover of my soul,
Bids me set my eyes on Him.

This is where my heart shall rise,
This is where my worries end,
This is where I lift my eyes:
To Christ my Rock and dearest Friend.

No comments: