Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fed with the Finest

"I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it. But My people would not hearken to My voice, and Israel would none of Me.... He should have fed them also with the finest of wheat, and with honey out of the rock should I have satisfied thee" (Psalm 81:10,11,16).

Out of the land where I was enslaved,
Into the place where I am now free:
This was the purpose for which I was saved;
This was the reason that Christ died for me.

And yet there is more that His love had in mind:
He wanted my spirit to be satisfied,
Fed with the finest of wheat He could find,
Paying the price that it might be supplied.

How great was that cost! It wasn't with money,
But His precious blood on the cross that He shed.
The Rock that was smitten has brought forth the honey
And finest of wheat by which we are fed.

Lord, I would open my mouth wide today
That I may be filled with true satisfaction.
Keep me from foolishly turning away
By empty adventure and pointless distraction.

No comments: