Saturday, July 28, 2007

Showing the Shepherd

"I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek Thy servant, for I do not forget Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:176). "I am the good Shepherd: the good Shepherd giveth His life for the sheep" (John 10:11).

Seek me, Lord, I've gone astray,
Like a lost, endangered sheep.
Show Yourself to me today;
Only You can save and keep.

For even though I'm seeking You,
Lord, I know You sought me first.
No one loves me like You do,
Nor satisfies my inner thirst.

I know this prayer sounds kind of odd,
That You should seek for me.
But since it's in the Word of God,
I'll pray it earnestly.

Lord, You saw my hopeless strife,
Before I thought to pray.
What kind of Love surrendered life,
For sheep that went astray?

Lord, since Your love is still the same,
Unchanged with passing years,
I will call upon Your name,
And know my Shepherd hears.

No comments: