Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Haven't Heard the Half!

"And when the queen of Sheba heard of the fame of Solomon concerning the name of the Lord, she came to prove Him with hard questions.... And she said to the king, It was a true report that I heard in mine own land of thy acts and of thy wisdom. Howbeit I believed not the words, until I came, and mine eyes had seen it, and behold, the half was not told me: thy wisdom and prosperity exceedeth the fame which I heard" (1 Kings 10:1,6,7).

The half has not been told
Of the wisdom and the love
That God shall yet unfold
When Christ is seen above.

Our human words must fail,
Nor could we comprehend
What God will yet unveil
In Christ, our dearest Friend.

We see not all His heart
Nor the fullness of His grace.
For now we see in part,
But soon we'll see His face!

No comments: