Tuesday, July 10, 2007

UNDERSTANDING before UTTERING

"Make me to understand the way of Thy precepts: so shall I talk of Thy wondrous works" (Psalm 119:27). "In the lips of him that hath understanding wisdom is found.... The lips of the righteous feed many" (Proverbs 10:13,21). "There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe" (John 1:6,7).

Lord, how can I speak without understanding?
What could I say that would have any worth?
Lord, give me the wisdom the need is demanding,
To talk of Your wonderful works in the earth.

Lord, how can I speak without righteousness?
Only the lips of the righteous can feed
The hearts of those hungering for You to bless.
Lord, give me the wisdom to speak to their need.

Lord, how can I speak without being sent,
As John who bore witness to Christ, the true Light?
Lord, You are the Fountain that never is spent;
I thirst for the wisdom to say what is right.

No comments: