Wednesday, July 11, 2007

INCLINED by INTEGRITY

"Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness" (Psalm 119:36). "The integrity of the upright shall guide them" (Proverbs 11:3). "Then Jesus turned, and saw them following, and saith unto them, What seek ye? They said unto Him, Rabbi (which is to say, being interpreted, Master), where dwellest Thou? He saith unto them, Come and see.... Jesus saw Nathanael coming to Him, and saith of him, Behold, and Israelite indeed, in whom is no guile!" (John 1:38,39,47).

Lord, guide me by integrity,
Incline my wayward heart toward
The blessings of eternity
Which flow from Jesus Christ my Lord.

I hear you ask, What do you seek?
My heart begins to inventory,
Things I covet, vain and weak,
Rather than Your awesome glory.

Come and see, I hear You say,
As lesser things now seem so vile!
Rise, my soul, and come away,
Forsaking foolishness and guile.

Let this be my inclination,
And integrity's reward;
Let this be my restoration:
Draw me nearer to You, Lord.

No comments: