Monday, July 09, 2007

OPERATION OPEN

"Open Thou mine eyes, that I may behold the wondrous things out of Thy law" (Psalm 119:18). "And beginning as Moses and all the prophets, He expounded unto them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.... And it came to pass, as He sat at meat with them, He took bread, and bless it, and brake, and gave to them. And their eyes were opened, and they knew Him.... Then opened He their understanding, that they might understand the Scriptures" (Luke 24:27,30,31,45).

Open my eyes, Lord, that I may behold
The wonderful things that the prophets foretold.
Open my ears, Lord, to your precious Word,
As those on the road to Emmaus once heard.
Open my mind, Lord, so I'll understand
The way that conforms to Your righteous command.
Open my heart, Lord, as when you broke bread,
Showing Yourself then alive from the dead!

No comments: