Sunday, January 30, 2005

Ready to Reason

"Surely I would speak to the Almighty, and I desire to reason with God.... call Thou, and I will answer: or let me speak, and answer Thou me" (Job 13:3,22). "I will hear what God the Lord will speak: for He will speak peace unto His people" (Psalm 85:8). "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isaiah 1:18).

I would hear what God will speak;
I'd reason with Him too.
I'd tell Him that I only seek
To know what's really true.

I'd tell Him that I want to see
The way to find His peace.
I'd listen as He answered me,
Until His words would cease.

Hallelujah! God has said
He also wants to reason!
He who rose up from the dead,
Has answered in due season!

Come and let us reason now,
Our Lord and Savior pleads.
He reasons why, He shows us how,
He met our deepest needs:

I gave My life to ransom yours,
And wash your sins away.
Thus I opened heaven's doors;
There's nothing left to pay.

What an answer we have heard!
What reasoning He gives!
Based upon His proven Word,
The lost believes— and lives!

No comments: