Monday, June 27, 2022

Reproof and Repentance

Read:  Psalm 99 / Proverbs 27 / Isaiah 45 / John 2

 

Psalm 99:8 ~ O LORD our God: thou wast a God that forgavest them, though thou tookest vengeance of their inventions.

Proverbs 27:5 ~ Open rebuke is better than secret love.

Isaiah 45:19 ~ I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

John 2:16 ~ Said unto them that sold doves, Take these things hence; make not my Father's house an house of merchandise.

 

The Lord, beholding from above,

Corrected servants He reproved.

Our God rebuked them in His love,

Forgiving sins that He removed. 

 

The wise and humble heart repents

At God’s reproof without delay.

When Jesus says, Take these things hence,

We should be instant to obey. 

 


No comments: