Thursday, June 23, 2022

Peter's Pitfall

Read:  Psalm 95 / Proverbs 23 / Isaiah 41 / Luke 22

 

Psalm 95:6-8 ~ O come, let us worship… For He is our God…  Today if ye will hear his voice, Harden not your heart.

Proverbs 23:26 ~ My son, give me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe my ways.

Isaiah 41:10 ~ Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with… my righteousness.

Luke 22:61,62 ~ The Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord… and wept bitterly.

 

The call to turn to God is clear,

But hardened hearts walk on in danger.

Today God calls each heart to hear,

Or else be found by Him a stranger.

 

Yet God speaks to His own as well

To heed the warnings in His Book,

Remembering how Peter fell

And wept when Jesus turned to look.  

 


No comments: