Tuesday, June 22, 2021

Yearning in my Youth

Read:  Psalm 71 / Proverbs 22 / Deut. 20 / James 3

 

Psalm 71:17,18 O God, thou hast taught me from my youth: and hitherto have I declared thy wondrous works. Now also when I am old and grayheaded, O God, forsake me not; until I have shewed thy strength unto this generation.

Proverbs 22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Deuteronomy 20:4 For the LORD your God is he that goeth with you, to fight for you against your enemies, to save you.

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

 

I had a yearning in my youth

That only God could satisfy:

It was a longing for the truth

About what happens when we die. 

 

Religion was hypocrisy

That only deepened my despair.

Praise God!  The truth that made me free

Was found in Christ who heard my prayer!  

 


No comments: