Wednesday, June 02, 2021

Reproved and Restored

Read:  Psalm 51 / Proverbs 2 / Numbers 36 / 2 Tim. 4 

 

Psalm 51:12,13 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free Spirit. Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee. 

Proverbs 2:1,5 My son, if thou wilt receive my words, and hide my commandments… Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

Numbers 36:13 These are the commandments and the judgments which the LORD commanded by the hand of Moses.

2 Timothy 4:2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.

 

Our joy restored comes by correction

From Christ the Shepherd of our life.

The fear of God provides protection

Amid life’s sorrow, sin, and strife. 

 

As we observe our Lord’s command

To preach His Word in every season,

His Spirit makes us understand

That He reproves us for good reason.  

 


No comments: