Sunday, June 20, 2021

Cleansed by Christ

Read:  Psalm 69 / Proverbs 20 / Deut. 18 / James 1

 

Psalm 69:9 The zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; and the reproaches of them that reproached thee are fallen upon me.

Proverbs 20:9 Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?

Deuteronomy 18:15 The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken.

James 1:17,18 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above…  Of his own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

 

As we behold our Savior’s zeal

Who bore reproach for our salvation,

We see the proof of love so real

That moves our hearts with adoration.

 

Not one of us can make the claim

That we have cleansed our hearts within. 

Praise God that Christ our Savior came

To wash us thoroughly from sin!  

 


No comments: