Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Steadied by His Statutes

Read:  Psalm 119:81-88 / Proverbs 25 / Job 30 /Matthew 25

Psalm 119:83 For I am become like a bottle in the smoke; yet do I not forget thy statutes.
Proverbs 25:14 Whoso boasteth himself of a false gift is like clouds and wind without rain.
Job 30:26 When I looked for good, then evil came unto me: and when I waited for light, there came darkness.
Matthew 25:41 Depart from Me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels. 

The smoke is growing thicker still
Like clouds that gather without rain,
Yet we are steadied by God's will
Which, in His statutes, He makes plain. 

Though we may look with strong desire
For something good we do not see,
We're saved from everlasting fire;
This is the truth that makes us free!  


No comments: