Friday, March 27, 2020

Prudent vs. Proud

Read:  Psalm 119:97-104 / Proverbs 27 / Job 32 /Matthew 27

Psalm 119:98 Thou through thy commandments hast made me wiser than mine enemies: for they are ever with me.
Proverbs 27:11 My son, be wise, and make my heart glad, that I may answer him that reproacheth me.
Job 32:21 Let me not, I pray you, accept any man's person, neither let me give flattering titles unto man.
Matthew 27:22 Pilate saith unto them, What shall I do then with Jesus which is called Christ? They all say unto him, Let him be crucified.

The prudent wisely understand
That every Word of God is true,
For God foretold what He had planned,
And He fulfilled it in plain view.  

Like chaff the wind is scattering,
The proud shall perish by their lies.
The titles that are flattering
Are useless when a sinner dies. 


No comments: