Monday, March 16, 2020

Rejoicing in the Riches

Read:  Psalm 119:9-16 / Proverbs 16 / Job 21 /Matthew 16

Psalm 119:14 I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
Proverbs 16:16 How much better is it to get wisdom than gold!...  to get understanding rather to be chosen than silver!
Job 21:21 For what pleasure hath he in his house after him, when the number of his months is cut off in the midst? 
Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? 

Rejoicing in the riches found
Within God's Word that I declare,
I see His wisdom there abound;
The world's wealth cannot compare!

How fleeting is this world's treasure
That very soon shall turn to dust! 
In Christ I have eternal pleasure,
In whom is all my hope and trust. 


No comments: