Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Justifiable Joy

Read:  Psalm 88 / Proverbs 12 / Nehemiah 12 /Revelation 6 

Psalm 88:2-3 Let my prayer come before thee: incline thine ear unto my cry; for... my life draweth nigh unto the grave.
Proverbs 12:20 Deceit is in the heart of them that imagine evil: but to the counselors of peace is joy.
Nehemiah 12:43 Also that day they offered great sacrifices, and rejoiced: for God had made them rejoice with great joy.
Revelation 6:1 I saw when the Lamb opened one of the seals, and I heard... one of the four beasts saying, Come and see. 

Our joy is justifiable!
Where is your triumph now, O grave? 
Christ is the Refuge of our soul;
There is no other who can save. 

We bid the lost to come and see
The Lamb who fills our hearts with joy. 
Come!  Hear the truth that makes us free
With gladness death cannot destroy.  


No comments: