Sunday, April 17, 2011

Time and Terms

"It is time for Thee, LORD, to work: for they have made void Thy law.... Therefore I esteem all Thy precepts concerning all things to be right, and I hate every false way" (Psalm 119:126-128). "Hearken unto Me, ye that know righteousness, the people in whose heart is My law; fear ye not the reproach of men, neither be afraid of their revilings.... I am the LORD thy God.... And I have put My words in thy mouth, and I have covered thee in the shadow of Mine hand" (Isaiah 51:7-16).

The time is now. The terms are set.
Though many set aside God's Word,
Be sure that God will not forget
And shall fulfill what we have heard.

The time is shortened everyday
That draws us to eternity.
There is no other saving way
Apart from Christ who makes us free.

The terms have surely never changed:
There is no other name that saves.
Apart from Christ we are estranged
And thus assigned to hopeless graves.

And now, O Lord, Your words sublime
Are in our lips, that may be preached
In Gospel terms; this is the time
While precious souls may yet be reached!

Now send us, Lord, by Your command
To show Your terms of truth and grace
As we are covered by Your hand
And led by You in every place.

No comments: