Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Surely In Pen and Shortly In Person

"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth.... I had many things to write, but I will not with ink and pen write unto thee: but I trust I shall shortly see thee, and we shall speak face to face" (3 John 4,13,14).

The words of our Lord that are written with grace
Preserved through the ages with ink and with pen
Shall shortly give way to our Lord face to face,
Since He has assured us He's coming again.

Surely there's more that our Lord has to say
Than that which He's written in His precious Word,
Yet He has joy when His children obey
And walk in the truth of the Scriptures they've heard.

O Lord, we give thanks for the prospect ahead
To see You in Person and then hear You speak!
Until that day comes, Lord, we'll read what You've said,
And live for the joy in Your children You seek.

No comments: