Saturday, April 16, 2011

Morning Mercies

"The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: He wakeneth morning by morning, He wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned" (Isaiah 50:4). "He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches" (Revelation 2:7).

Morning by morning the Lord makes me hear
His comfort, instruction, reproof, and correction.
Morning by morning He wakens my ear
To hear as the learned and to heed His direction.

Morning by morning the Lord speaks with grace
That I may know how I may strengthen in season
The one who is weary and faints in the race,
And give those an answer who ask for a reason.

Morning by morning, how faithful God is,
As daily He greets me and calls me to dine!
Day after day He reminds me I'm His,
Assuring my heart that He also is mine.

We thank You, O Lord, that You opened our eyes
And wakened our ears now to hear as the learned,
Teaching us daily to walk with the wise
As morning by morning to You we have turned.

No comments: