Wednesday, August 25, 2010

The Question that Quickens

"Make haste, O God, to deliver me; make haste to help me, O Lord.... Let such as love Thy salvation say continually, Let God be magnified.... O Lord, make no tarrying" (Psalm 70:1-5). "Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? Mine hour is not yet come. His mother saith unto the servants, Whatsoever He saith unto you, do it.... Jesus saith unto them, Fill the water pots with water. And they filled them up to the brim" (John 2:4-7).

I hear my Savior turn and say:
What have I to do with you?
Quickly now, my soul, obey!
Whatsoever He says, do!

My life is like a water pot,
So dry and useless without Him.
My Lord commands, and shall I not
Now let Him fill me to the brim?

Or would I yet reserve some space
Within this water pot for sin?
O spare me, Lord, from this disgrace!
Hasten now to enter in!

Let us say, who love salvation:
Let the Lord be magnified!
And make no other reservation
But for Him who for us died!

No comments: