Saturday, August 14, 2010

Wordless Worship

"David the king came and sat before the Lord, and said, Who am I, LORD God, and what is mine house, that Thou hast brought me hitherto?.... What can David speak more to Thee for the honor of Thy servant? For Thou knowest Thy servant" (1 Chronicles 17:16-18).

What can I say more to You,
O Lord, my God and Savior,
Since You have brought me hitherto,
And shown me all this favor?

Words must fail me to convey
The praise that You are due!
You paid the debt I could not pay,
And gave me life that's new.

Blessings I could never count
Or fully could explain
Rise like a majestic mount
And fall like heaven's rain.

Lord, You know Your servant well:
The wages I deserve
Are not in heaven, but in hell,
No matter how I serve.

Lord, You gave Your righteousness
And also bore my sin.
I'm overwhelmed by how You bless!
Lord, where shall I begin?

What can David now say more?
I'm lost in speechlessness.
In wordless worship I adore
For what words can't express.

No comments: