Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Trusting v. Trembling

"In God I have put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me.... For Thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not Thou deliver my feet from falling, that I may walk before God in the light of the living?" (Psalm 56:11-13).

In God I have put all my trust,
Who delivered my soul from hell.
The glory of man is but dust,
From whom God delivers as well.

In God my redemption is paid;
His promised protection is true.
So why should I now be afraid
And tremble at what man can do?

In God is my life and my calling;
I press toward the mark of His will.
I know He will keep me from falling
And all of His Word will fulfill.

In God I am resting alone
And finding my purpose to live:
That His way on earth may be known
With His saving health He will give.

No comments: