Monday, August 16, 2010

Hiking Higher

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I.... Thou hast given me the heritage of those that fear Thy name.... O prepare mercy and truth.... So will I sing praise unto Thy name forever, that I may daily perform my vows" (Psalm 61:2-8). "By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil" (Proverbs 16:6).

Beyond the realm of time and space
And higher than the land and sea,
Lord, lead me by Your truth and grace
Before all time prepared for me.

Above the laws in which You lock
The earth and all the universe,
Lord, lead me to the higher Rock
That saves from sin and lifts its curse.

When circumstances overwhelm
And troubles disappoint my heart,
Lord, lead me to that higher realm
For peace this world cannot impart.

With boldness by Your invitation
To rise with prayer up to Your throne,
Lord, lead me to that elevation:
The Rock much higher than my own.

No comments: