Sunday, January 24, 2010

Sorrowful Silence

"Unto Thee will I cry, O Lord my Rock; be not silent to me: lest, if Thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down to the pit.... Because they regard not the works of the Lord, nor the operation of His hands, He shall destroy them, and not build them up" (Psalm 28:1,5).

To You will I cry, my Lord and my Rock!
Hear now my passionate prayer:
Lord, do not be silent; if You will not talk,
My soul will be lost in despair!

Lord, speak to my heart again and again;
I need Your instruction each day.
I soon would become like the basest of men,
If I could not hear what You say.

Those who regard not works of the Lord,
Nor care to receive His instruction,
Despising the Refuge that Christ will afford,
Shall never escape their destruction.

Thank You, O Lord, for the words of Your grace,
And the merciful words of Your warning.
Thank You for speaking in each time and place,
Instructing me morning by morning.

No comments: