Thursday, January 21, 2010

Standing Still

"And it came to pass, about the spring of the day... that Samuel called Saul to the top of the house, saying.... Stand thou still a while, that I may show thee the Word of God" (1 Samuel 9:26,27). "The secret of the Lord is with them that fear Him, and He will show them His covenant" (Psalm 25:14).

Standing still a little while,
About the spring of the new day,
Before I meet a single trial,
I need to hear what God will say.

Standing still, I hear His Word;
His secret there He shows to me.
My heart is comforted and stirred
With truth by which He makes me free.

Standing still with ears to hear,
How quickly passes such an hour,
Each morning as my Lord draws near,
And calls me into His high tower.

Standing still, I lift my voice,
As He invites me then to pray.
The day begins, and I rejoice
That He will lead me all the way.

No comments: