Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Confident Commitments

"Into Thine hand I commit my spirit: Thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth" (Psalm 31:5). "I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I have committed unto Him against that day.... That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.... And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, that same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also" (2 Timothy 1:5,15, 2:2).

Committing my spirit, Lord, into Your hand,
I know that I safely can rest.
Because You redeemed me, I now understand
Your great love can stand any test.

Recalling that this was the verse that You used
Concluding Your time on the cross,
Such love that endured, though greatly abused,
I know will preserve me from loss.

I know You will keep what I have committed
To You, Lord, until You've returned.
Thus may I pass on what You have transmitted,
So others by grace will have learned.

Lord, I commit those I've taught about You,
As You have conveyed in Your Word.
Thus may these also so teach others too,
Till multiplied others have heard!

No comments: