Friday, January 08, 2010

Arising with Assurance

"For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, saith the Lord; I will set him in safety from him that puffeth at him. The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times. Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, Thou shalt preserve them from this generation forever" (Psalm 12:5-7). Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure... think on these things" (Philippians 4:8).

For all the poor who are oppressed,
For every needy one who sighs,
For those with burdens, seeking rest,
The Lord says, "Now will I arise."

The Lord has made His own secure
From Satan's vain, oppressive lies.
We have His words preserved and pure,
Who promised, "Now will I arise."

For though the wicked still may puff,
God's Word shall never compromise.
For God has said it! That's enough!
He still says, "Now will I arise."

On every side these wicked walk,
Despising what is true and wise.
Though for a season now they talk,
The Lord says, "Now will I arise."

Arise with God, and raise His sword:
The Word by which He testifies!
Arise in triumph with the Lord,
As He says, "Now will I arise!"

Think on things forever true;
These are things God's Word supplies,
To hear Him say again to you:
Yes, even "Now will I arise!"

No comments: