Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Credentials of Christ

"Who shall ascend into the hill of the Lord? Or who shall stand in His holy place? He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sword deceitfully. He shall receive the blessing from the Lord, and righteousness from the God of His salvation" (Psalm 24:3-5). "Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:9).

Who could ascend to the hill of the Lord
And stand in His holy place?
No one was clean, no, not one could afford
To stand without sin and disgrace!

No one, that is, until our Lord came
With clean hands, a pure heart, and soul.
The Lord Jesus Christ, O praise His dear name,
Descended to make sinners whole!

But then He ascended from Calvary thus
With credentials that never were flawed.
Receiving the blessing, He gave it to us
With righteousness also from God!

No one can say, in the whole human race
In truth, I have made my heart clean;
But God is still cleansing each sinner by grace
Who on the Lord Jesus will lean!

No comments: