Thursday, September 03, 2009

Treasonous Trust

"Thou tellest my wanderings: put thou my tears into Thy bottle: are they not in Thy book?.... In God I have put my trust: I will not be afraid what man can do unto me" (Psalm 56:8,11). "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths... for the Lord shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken" (Proverbs 3:5,6,26).

There is a trust that comes to mind,
While strolling memory's lane,
Of wanderings and tears we find
That brought regret and pain.

It was those times we put our trust
In our own understanding,
Misguided by our selfish lust,
Instead of God's commanding.

The record of our God is clear
When wisdom we forsook.
His bottle holds our every tear;
Our sins are in His book.

Our tears shall soon be wiped away;
Our sins shall not be found,
But our self-trust can still betray
Our souls, though heaven bound.

Trust in God with all your heart
In every place and season.
From pride and trust in self depart,
For trust in self is treason.

No comments: