Thursday, September 10, 2009

Helping Hand

"Because Thou hast been my help, therefore in the shadow of Thy wings will I rejoice. My soul followeth hard after Thee: Thy right hand upholdeth me" (Psalm 63:7,8).

Lord, my soul still follows You,
But now I understand;
The strength I have to yet pursue
Is found in Your right hand.

I follow still because of love,
But love that's not my own.
It's lovingkindness from above
That lifts me to Your throne.

I follow hard, but soon would fall
And never rise again,
But for Your help each time I call;
That's how it's always been.

Because You are my Help, O Lord,
I rest beneath Your wings.
I run with strength that You afford;
My heart with gladness sings.

Lord, it's surely good to know
Your hand is holding me,
And that Your hand will not let go
For all eternity!

No comments: