Friday, September 04, 2009

Preoccupied with Praise

"What does the Lord thy God require of thee, but to fear the Lord thy God, to walk His ways, and to love Him, and to serve the Lord thy God with all thy heart and with all thy soul.... He is thy Praise, and He is thy God" (Deuteronomy 10:12, 21). "My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed: I will sing and give praise" (Psalm 57:7). "Keep thy heart with all diligence.... turn not to the right hand nor to the left" (Proverbs 4:23,27). "And they continued steadfastly.... with gladness and singleness of heart, praising God" (Acts 2:42-47).

Distractions that have often vied
For my attention call my name.
Excuse me, I'm preoccupied:
To praise the Lord is now my aim.

I would reverence God above,
While walking daily in His ways.
I would worship Him in love:
He is my God; He is my Praise.

I would serve the Lord my God
With all my heart and all my soul.
I wouldn't care if men applaud:
I'd live for Him who made me whole.

Now fixed with sure determination,
While turning neither left nor right,
I'd praise the God of my salvation,
Through every day and every night.

With gladness and with singleness,
Continuing for all my days,
I'd join with all who will confess:
He is our God! He is our Praise!

No comments: