Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Daily Discourse

"From the end of the earth will I cry unto Thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. For Thou hast been a shelter for me, and a strong tower from the enemy. I will abide in Thy tabernacle forever: I will trust in the covert of Thy wings.... So will I sing praise unto Thy name forever, that I may daily perform my vows" (Psalm 61:2,3,8). "Blessed is the man that heareth Me, watching daily at My gates, waiting at the posts of My doors" (Proverbs 8:34).

Lord, lead me to that lofty place,
Up to the higher rock than I,
Into the shelter of Your grace,
Within Your tower strong and high.

This is my place of confidence:
I worship here; my spirit bows.
God Himself is my Defense,
That I may thus perform my vows.

I will rest beneath His wings,
Sheltered by His mighty power.
Here my soul with rapture sings
Within the refuge of His tower.

O the view is marvelous
Now lifted up upon this rock,
Where God and I, the two of us,
Sup together here and talk.

Daily here shall I retreat
That I may hear my Savior's voice.
Daily God and I shall meet,
And I will worship and rejoice.

No comments: