Monday, May 05, 2008

Compare and Contrast

"To whom will ye liken Me, and make Me equal, and compare Me, that we may be like? Remember the former things of old: for I am God and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like Me, declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, My counsel shall stand, and I will do all My pleasure" (Isaiah 46:5,9,10).

To whom will you compare our God,
That they may be the same?
In every time and place abroad,
Now who can match His fame?

Who, like God, the end declares
Before it has been done?
No one to our God compares;
There is not even one!

Who, like God, who dwells above
Would come down to this earth
And dying, demonstrate His love:
Now who can match His worth?

How incomparable the measure,
To every contrast shown,
Is Christ who thus fulfilled His pleasure
By ransoming His own!

No comments: