Sunday, May 04, 2008

Obscurity of the Obvious

"Verily, Thou art a God that hideth Thyself, O God of Israel, the Savior... Thus saith the Lord.... I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the Lord speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.... Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else" (Isaiah 45:15,19,22).

There is a strange obscurity,
In view of what is clear,
As God yet speaks with clarity,
Though many will not hear.

Salvation surely is not hidden;
God shows it in His light.
As all the ends of earth are bidden,
He tells them what is right.

Yet those who rather would not find
What God would have them see,
Shall to the obvious be blind
And find obscurity.

No comments: