Thursday, May 08, 2008

Making my Morning

"Blessed is the man that heareth Me, watching daily at My gates, waiting at the post of My doors" (Psalm 8:34). "The Lord God hath given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary; He wakeneth morning by morning, He wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned" (Isaiah 50:4). "Blessed are the eyes which see the things that ye see. For I tell you, that many prophets and kings have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them, and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them" (Luke 10:23,24).

Morning by morning I hear the Lord's voice.
Daily I watch at His beautiful gates.
Making by morning, He makes me rejoice
In wisdom He gives for which my heart waits.

How blest are the eyes that see what we've seen,
How blest are the ears that hear what we've heard,
As morning by morning from Scripture we glean
The counsel imparted from God's precious Word.

No comments: