Thursday, March 20, 2008

Rush to Reason

"Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?" (Proverbs 20:9). "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool" (Isaiah 1:18).

Who can say in any season,
I have made my own heart clean?
God says, "Come now, let us reason."
There is a way that may be seen.

There is cleansing from above,
For Jesus died to save your soul.
This reasoning from love,
That makes you white as snow and wool.

Come NOW, says our gracious Lord,
And reason NOW, and not tomorrow.
Do you think you can afford
Procrastination's bitter sorrow?

Rush to reason, while you may!
What would make you want to wait?
God is calling you today!
Another day may be too late.

No comments: