Friday, March 14, 2008

God in the Garden

"Awake, O north wind; and come, thou south; blow upon my garden, that the spices thereof may flow out. Let my Beloved come into His garden, and eat His pleasant fruits" (Song of Solomon 4:16). "Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called Gethsemane.... And He cometh unto the disciples, and findeth them asleep, and saith unto Peter: What, could ye not watch with me one hour?" (Matthew 26:36-40).

God has come into His garden
That He calls for me to keep.
Will He find a heart that's hardened?
Will He find me there asleep?

Awake, O wind, and fill the air
With fragrance from my garden spiced,
With worship, watchfulness, and prayer
To please the heart of Jesus Christ.

What? Does it seem too much to ask,
To pray and watch with Him this hour?
Is my worship just a task
That draws upon my fleshly power?

My Savior came into that garden
That was called Gethsemane.
There He suffered for my pardon
As He went to Calvary.

Lord, come into my garden now,
To find Your pleasant fruits.
For this is fruit that You endow;
Your Word supplies the roots.

No comments: