Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Listening to my Lord

"The voice of my Beloved! Behold He cometh... My Beloved spake, and said unto me, Rise up, My love, My fair one, and come away. For lo, the winter is past, the rain is over and gone; the flowers appear on the earth; the time of the singing of birds is come.... Arise, My love, My fair one, and come away" (Song of Solomon 2:8-13).

The voice of my beloved Lord
Has spoken of that day
When He shall come with His reward
And call His own away!

For soon the winter shall be past,
The rain shall all be gone;
My Lord shall come again at last;
Eternity shall dawn.

Yet even now the flowers bloom;
I hear the song of birds;
He takes the terror from the tomb
With His assuring words.

I hear His words: "Arise My love,
My fair one, come away."
He sets my heart on things above
By what I hear Him say.

No comments: