Sunday, March 23, 2008

Holy Heralds

"I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and His train filled the temple. Above it stood the seraphims.... And one cried to another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts.... Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips.... Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I, send me" (Isaiah 6:1-6).

What a sight Isaiah saw!
How that vision made him lowly!
Angels praised the Lord with awe,
Crying "Holy, holy, holy!"

High and lifted on His throne,
Hear the Lord of glory speak.
Who will go and make Him known?
Will He send the strong or weak?

Surely, He should send the strong,
Rather than the soul undone.
But my thinking here is wrong,
For God sends the lowly one!

Cleanse my lips and wash my heart;
Here am I, Oh Lord, send me!
What an honor You impart
To the sinner You set free!

Lord, I'm free to be commissioned,
Though Your angels serve You better.
Yet You called, and I have listened,
And You've broken every fetter.

The Cherubim and Seraphim
Surely must look on with wonder.
For why should we be serving Him,
Since we are so prone to blunder?

Sinners who were once undone:
Serve the Lord with fear and joy!
We are heralds of God's Son,
Ambassadors in His employ!

No comments: