Friday, August 17, 2007

Searching the Sum

"O Lord, Thou hast searched me and known me.... Thou understandest my thought afar off.... How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with Thee" (Psalm 139:1,2,17).

Lord, You have searched me and known me completely,
And You understand my thought from afar.
How precious Your thoughts in Your Word also sweetly
Permit me to search out how awesome You are!

The thoughts of Your heart, Lord, preserved in Your Word,
You've graciously given to each generation.
Oh Lord, how our hearts have thereby been stirred
With love and with worship through Your revelation.

Searching the sum of Your thoughts, precious Lord,
Forever (for that is how long it will take)
Shall thrill us with every new thought we've explored,
And even now greet us each morning we wake!

No comments: