Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Focused on Fulfilling

"The Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.... [God] gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after Mine own heart, which shall fulfill all My will.... John had first preached before His coming the baptism of repentance to all the people of Israel. And... John fulfilled his course" (Acts 13:2, 17-25).

What a happy occupation,
Searching out God's perfect will,
Living for His expectation,
All His pleasure to fulfill!

David sought for God's own heart,
As God told him, Seek My face.
There's no better time to start
Than today to seek His grace.

John the Baptist also knew
The privilege of seeking Christ.
The Lamb of God had filled his view,
His Lord who would be sacrificed.

God is seeking yet today
Those who will His heart pursue;
Those, like Paul, who humbly say:
Lord, what will You have me do?

No comments: