Sunday, August 12, 2007

Risen Rabboni

"Jesus saith unto her, Woman, why weepest thou? Whom seekest thou? She, supposing Him to be the gardener, saith unto Him, Sir, if thou have born him hence, tell me where thou hast laid Him, and I will take Him away. Jesus saith unto her, Mary. She turned herself, and saith unto Him, Rabboni; which is to say, Master" (John 20:15,16).

Risen Rabboni, oh, what a sight!
Jesus said, "Mary," and opened her eyes.
Weeping, indeed, had endured for a night,
But joy in the morning then dawned with surprise.

Risen Rabboni, forever the same!
Like Mary, You draw me by faith to the place
Where I am hearing Your voice call my name
To open my eyes by Your marvelous grace.

Risen Rabboni, my Teacher and Lord,
I've come to Your tomb and within I have peered,
Where Death is vanquished, my joy is restored,
My strength is renewed, and my vision is cleared.

No comments: