Thursday, August 16, 2007

Asking for the Awesome

"And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I am taken from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me. And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing" (2 Kings 2:9,10). "And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh.... And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days My Spirit" (Acts 2:17,18).

Lord, You have taught me how to ask
For those things that matter most.
So I'll pray each word and task
Be governed by Your Holy Ghost.

For in these last days You decreed
You'd pour out Your Holy Spirit.
Lord, this is all I really need;
Nothing else comes even near it!

Like Elisha who was told:
"Ask what I shall do for you,"
I ask, Lord, for a life controlled
By Your Holy Spirit too.

No comments: