Monday, August 20, 2007

Final Failure

"I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would know me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul. I cried unto Thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my Refuge and my Portion in the land of the living" (Psalm 142:4,5).

I sought for a refuge in my fellow men
When I was afraid and distressed.
No man would know me or cared for me then;
I found neither refuge nor rest.

But refuge had failed me for the last time,
When I finally turned to the Lord.
There He was waiting with refuge sublime,
That His grace alone could afford.

What kind of love could patiently wait
To save me by His sacrifice?
Why not just leave me to my chosen fate,
The consequence of my device?

Lord, You are my Refuge that never can fail,
As sure as Your heavenly throne.
I rest in the knowledge that none can prevail
To separate You from Your own.

No comments: