Friday, November 24, 2006

Purpose of Purging

"O Thou that hearest prayer, unto Thee shall all flesh come. Iniquities prevail against me: as for our transgressions, Thou shalt purge them away. Blessed is the man whom Thou choosest, and causest to approach unto Thee, that he may dwell in Thy courts: we shall be abundantly satisfied with the goodness of Thy house, even of Thy holy temple" (Psalm 65:2-4).

Lord, my iniquities today
Have called for my reproach!
But You have purged them all away,
And caused me to approach.

Thus approaching You I find
The fullest satisfaction,
The cleansing of my heart and mind,
And call to urgent action.

For soon all flesh to You shall come,
But some are not prepared!
Lord, would You send me now to some
To tell them You hear prayer?

Lord, surely to this end You purge
And send us forth today.
So lead us, Lord, that we may urge
And lead the lost to pray.

No comments: